As far as getting to and from Black Rock City is concerned, if there’s one thing (ok, seven things) you take away, let it be these:
- You will be driving through Tribal lands, school zones, and residential areas along Hwy 447 from Wadsworth to Gerlach. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!
- Don’t drive under the influence (of intoxicants or that other killer, sleeplessness).
- Don’t speed. You will get a ticket.
- Don’t pass cars on Highway 447 or County Road 34, either coming or going. It’s dangerous for you, it’s dangerous for people you’re passing, it’s dangerous to public safety personnel, and it’s dangerous to oncoming drivers.
- Please don’t park on the sides of 447 or 34 or wait in Empire or Gerlach for the Gate to open. This has the potential to create a traffic hazard, and it’s not fair to area residents.
- If traffic stops, please please please stay in your car. Don’t get out and stand in the road.
- Secure your loads so they don’t fly off your vehicle. Remember those 1,200 trash dumpsters BLM wants to put in Black Rock City? That’s from roadside garbage. Do your part to prevent flyaway trash.
Was that clear enough? Good. We want you to arrive in Black Rock City safely, and return to your other home the same way.