Trash, Recycling & Graywater
Pack your load securely. (See Travel Tips) If you have to carry garbage on top of your vehicle, make sure it is double-bagged and strapped down securely. DO NOT discard refuse along the highway, in neighboring towns or rest areas, or behind private businesses. This reflects very poorly on our community and threatens our event’s future. Dispose ONLY at authorized collection areas — several locations are nearby (below)! The Nevada Highway Patrol may issue tickets to anyone leaving trash on the ground. There is a $2,000 fine for littering. Don’t trash Nevada!
Exodus Trash & Recycling Network
Saturday, September 5 – Wednesday, September 9. Free recycling. Trash is $5 per 35-gallon trash bag. Recycle bicycles, plastics, glass, metals, paper, cardboard, plastic bags, household batteries, and non-perishable food and water. Clean, sort, and de-bag recyclables before depositing. Human and other hazardous waste is prohibited! Proceeds from recyclables go to Black Rock Solar, Whole Kids Foundation, and other community programs in the region. Food and water go to Food Banks.
Drop-Off to the South, East, & West…
Save Mart Supermarkets:
- 525 Keystone Avenue, Reno, NV, 775-786-2150
- 565 East Prater Way, Sparks, NV, 775-359-9060
Whole Foods Market:
- 6139 South Virginia Street, Reno, NV, 775-852-8023 (6am – midnight, north parking lot)
Drop-Off to the North…
Rabbit Traxx Store:
- 580 Patterson Way, Cedarville, CA, 530-279-2022
Other Places for Trash
Waste Management – Lockwood Landfill: 2401 Canyon Way, Lockwood, NV, 775-342-0401. 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed weekends and Labor Day.$9 per cubic yard, $21 minimum.
Waste Management – Reno Transfer Station: 1390 East Commercial Row, Reno, NV, 775-329-8822. Open 7am-5pm, 8am-4:30pm on weekends. $9 per cubic yard, $21 minimum.
Other Places for Recycling
RSW Recycling (two locations): 1100 East Commercial Row, Reno, NV, 775-326-2381. Open 8am-4:30pm. Closed weekends and Labor Day. and 1451 East Greg Street, Sparks, NV, 775-326-2383. Open 8am-4:30.Closed weekends and Labor Day.
More recycling options at www.earth911.org.
Where To Dump RV & Grey Water
Contact locations directly before the event for charges, hours, possible after-hours appointments and dump capacity.
- I-80 Smokeshop & Campground: 1000 SmokeShop Circle,
Wadsworth, NV, 775-224-1310; 775-686-9355
- Pyramid Lake Marina & Campground: 2500 Lakeview Drive,
Sutcliffe, NV, 775-224-1310; 775-686-9355
- Love’s Travel Stop: 825 Commerce Center Drive, Fernley, NV, 775-575-2200
- Golden Gate Petroleum: 1055 South Rock Blvd, Sparks, NV, 775-358-7400
- TA Travel Center: 815 Nichols Blvd, Sparks, NV, 775-359-0550
- Reno Boomtown KOA: 2100 West Garson Road., Verdi, NV, 775-345-2444
- Terribles Gold Ranch RV: 320 Gold Ranch Road, Verdi, NV, 775-345-8880
- Modoc District Fairgrounds: (south end) 1 Center Street,
Cedarville, CA, 530-279-2315
- Alturas Chevron: 1010 North Main Street, Alturas, CA, 530-233-5114
Larger camps should consider setting up a contract with United Site Services to collect graywater in BRC. With 30 days notice, they can also provide and pick up a collection tank. 1-800-toilets or email burningmansalesunitedsiteservicescom.